Milk Jug Owl Craft | Earth Day Kids Crafts | Recycle Craft
Today, is going to be a hoot, because we're making Milk Jug Owls! This is super fun craft to do with kids at home because you'll be recycling items around the house to make these adorable owls. We plan on putting rocks in the top of the water or milk jug for added weight and display them in our garden. With that said, this owl craft is perfect for Earth Day! Yeah, we know it's passed, but keep this in your thinking cap for next year.
Now, we originally saw photos for this project on Instructables and wanted to give a hug shout out to LeezaB. Here's a link to that project: https://www.instructables.com/id/A-DIY-Milk-Jug-Snow-Owl/. We do make some adaptions because we want ours to be weather resistant and sit outside.
ITEMS NECESSARY TO MAKE OUR MILK JUG OWLS:
• 1 Rinsed Out Water Jug or Milk Jug
• 2 Large Lids (Outer Eyes)
• 2 Smaller Lids (inside Eyes)
• 2 Googley Eyes
• 1 Plastic Sheet Protector (or paper if you'll keep your owl inside)
• Acrylic Paint - We used Martha Stewart Paints
• 2 Plastic Forks
• Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Watch the video for detailed step by step instruction.